1. my fiance is here for a whole week and i'm so lucky to have picked him out in 8th grade.
2. the cute customers who come in our store, like the girl with silhouette shoes.
3. i mixed a whole slew of colors in miniature dixie cups to use on my illustrations.
4. i finally made it to ABC carpet and home at 19th and broadway, and fell in love! i had the best time wandering the floors with eddie, and marveling at the artistic vignettes displayed throughout the store. i think the baby section was my favorite with the gorgeous mobiles designed by sam simon. sea shells, fabric flowers, metallic thread and ribbon. and strings of lights. magical.
5. simone shubuck came in with her sweet baby boy, marlon, and her kind husband. i was so shocked and delighted to see her in the store. how often can a person say they met their favorite artist and held their baby?
6. explored the american folk art museum on 53rd between 5th and 6th avenue! i saw my first henry darger watercolor in person!!!!!! i loves me some henry darger and i found a book of his work at the museum shop. there is an adorable exhibit of carousel horses right now.
7. went to sugar sweet sunshine with eddie and ate pistachio cupcakes and drank black coffee.